May 2, 2012

Motherly Traditions

You know them, the words that start coming out of your mouth. You can't stop it, it's like verbal mom vomit (sorry for the gross image that's now embedded into your head), it comes out of nowhere.  Almost as if your mom was standing in the room taking over your body....

"I have eyes in the back of my head, I can see you coloring on that wall..."
"Don't forget to wash behind your ears"
"Eat all your dinner, there are children starving in Africa, Ethiopia, (insert a starving country du jour here)"


I know it when it comes out of my mouth, after one of my daughter's sobbing session, I tell her "go wash your face with cold water."  It's like I have no control over it, my mom told me, her mom probably told her, and so on and so on.  

So I wanna know, what does your mom say "through" you?

Happy Mother's Day to my Mama and all you Mamas out there!

No comments: